Monday, September 9, 2013

For Nancy

 It came to my attention that the fond tradition of mine of drawing comics had fallen into forgotten realms. And while this is no promise for more, I thought I'd give a reason why. Especially since I had time to draw since I was going through an especially tedious indoc. Unfortunately I am once again without a printer so I am improvising. Here are some comics haha.

The above one is accurate. There are many people whom I'd love to immortalize as obvious characters of questionable beliefs and practices (many of which are wonderfully sexist) but I have always tried to keep my work lighthearted and corny. (I have even added another comic below to prove that I can still find such things in my life along with the bad) (also don't judge the whole for the one. These people exist but I have found more good hearts in the military than not). I sometime wonder how ashamed Joseph Smith must be of me for not standing up and verbally smiting them with my righteous indignation. But I try my best to live through example, which, I have found is actually the most poignant long-term affecting agent in peoples lives. I offer no excuses otherwise, for they will sound hollow.
This is what I imagine everytime I try to speak to someone here in Arabic. I have had successful conversations once or twice. I am thinking that the next time I eat out I will tip the waiter $15 to speak entirely in Arabic to me. Yes, yes I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment